2018 Club Contest Yearly Awards
1. The objective of this award program is to incentivize club members to fly in as many contests across as many disciplines as they are willing to participate.
2. The disciplines considered for awards are:
a. Winch Launch/ALES (Combined Launch Contests)
3. All contests will be scored in accordance with the discipline of the contest being held and using whatever scoring system the CD for the contest prefers.
4. All proceeds for the contest will be put into a kiddy by the treasurer on a monthly basis. The nominal entry fee is $5.00 per contest.
5. Out of the total of the income from all the contests a fixed fund of $60.00 will be set aside for “Discipline Awards” for the three disciplines at a rate of $20.00 each. The awards are determined by of the “Discipline Contest Coordinator (DCC)” for that discipline and presented at the annual meeting.
6. At the Annual Meeting, the remaining contest proceeds ($T-$60.00) will be split on a 50%-50% basis with the club and the top three places in the “Yearly Standings” database.
7. The split of the winners 50% of the kitty will be:
a. 50% for first
b. 35% for second
c. 15% for third
8. Number of discipline contests and yearly scoring:
a. Each discipline will have a maximum of six official contests per year eligible for the awards program.
b. A club member can fly in any of, or all of, the disciplines and his “Club Championship” score will be additive from all the disciplines.
c. The final “Club Championship” score for each competitor will be the best total of six scores of any of the contests entered.
Calculation Method for Contest Results for Input into the “Yearly Standing for the Club Championship” Database
9. Each contestant’s result for any particular contest will be normalized to 100 points against all the other competitors in that particular contest.
10.Each contestant’s normalized score will then have an additional number of points added according to the number of contestants he/she bested.
a. Example: If a contest had 20 contestants and the contestant being scored bested 15 of those contestants (came in 4th) an additional 15 points would be added to the normalized score.
2017 Officials for Club Contests
11.“Discipline Contest Coordinator (DCC)”
a. Winch Launch/ALES Gerry Marcicki
b. DLG (F3K) Roger Van Elslander
c. TALES (Provisional) Jack Iafret
12.Club Contest Coordinator